Friday, April 4, 2008

Obsession

I write continuously in my journal, the following is one entry, however in the future any journal entries that I choose to post, "Journal Entry" will come before it.

The passage in the bible where the adulteress woman was brought before Christ by the Jewish leaders, this was a plot to trap Christ into either disobeying the Mosaic law or His own teachings. Christ simply responded let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Little by little everyone of her accusers left. This passage is important it shows the equality of all sin, all sin is equal in God eyes, no one is free from guilt. Christ's last words to the woman are "go and sin no more," this doesn't mean that we are capable of complete freedom of sin, but with the sacrifice of Christ on the cross for our sins, all sins are washed away, and we have hope in Christ.

Something else there was a quote by Tennyson that was brought up today, concerning the hearts of men,

"Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will.
To strive, to seek, and not to yield."

This quote could be applied to any obsession. I'm trying to make sure that obsession for me is Christianity, but it becomes hard to block the other passions and obsessions out sometimes. This says for me that we are to strive and seek perfection knowing that it is our fate to not achieve, however it is also our "fate" to be saved through Christ, redeemed by Him. We are also to do our best not to yield to temptation in its many forms. I know this but I feel that I might not have the willing heart to yield as I should. Well my dreamer's mind wanders, but dreams are all I may ever I have.

1 comment:

ellie said...

That's really a good line to remember from Tennyson (which I can't remember how to spell..sorry). Good luck on your writing.